Sunday, November 15, 2009

I need help!

First of all my long awaited livingroom furniture is here! Yay!!!

Funny thing is, now that there is furniture in the room, the walls look even more blank! Knowing that my furniture was coming though, I planned ahead! A few weeks ago I used my Pottery Barn rewards to purchase the frames for my little art project. Remember my inspiration? (Courtesy of Pottery Barn of course!)


Instead of doing the metal frames though, I got the wood gallery frames. Also instead of 6 squares, I did 6 rectangles in black... I'll just show you!



The openings in the large frames are 8x10 and the small ones are 5x5. The small ones will be set out from the wall with these nifty frame risers.


Now is where I am at a loss. I don't know what to put in the frames! My original intent was to do pictures of my flowers from my mom's old back yard. She had taken a bunch prior to selling the house. Turns out there aren't as many as I thought and I don't know how well the colors would go with the room. The are more bright and the room is warm colors. Should I do them in black and white? Then I was thinking that they would just be bland. The rug in the room actually has tan, gold, burn orange, light and dark green, and even dark purple (purple is hard to see in the picture).



So I need help as to what to put in the frames! Any (reasonable) suggestions are welcome! Here are some of the pictures I have. I tried to crop some in interesting ways with Picassa but I still have the original versions too.











3 comments:

  1. I can change the color of the petals on the flowers to any color you want if you want to keep those pictures but make it match the room. Photoshop is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should just put pictures of me in there. :D Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The furniture looks great, and I love that rug! I think the flower photos are good, and as stated above, you could always adjust the colors to coordinate better with your color scheme. You could also try to find hand made paper(try paper-source.com) or retro prints(allposters.com). Have fun with it and you can always change out the prints when you get bored with what's in there or even have different things for different seasons.

    ReplyDelete