Friday, November 27, 2009

Pay it Foward

Ah, Thanksgiving. What a perfect time to give thanks, tell someone you care, and... buy someone's food at McDonald's! Yep, I checked off #22 on Tuesday and bought the meal for the car behind me at McDonald's. You see, I have been quite lazy when it comes to buying groceries and bringing my lunch to work lately and have been forced to eat fast food on multiple occasions. On Tuesday I decided to run through McDonald's and grab a quick bite. Going at 11:30, I did not expect the place to be that busy. Um yeah, I was wrong. It was packed and it was even one of the double lane drive thrus. I ordered my food and started to pull forward towards the window when I remembered my goal. Suddenly I felt nervous! I don't know why, but feels a little odd to buy a strangers food at McDonald's. I approached the window and asked the cashier if I could pay for the car behind me. He gave me a bit of a dumbfounded look but then said sure. I told him just to tell the person behind me "Happy Thanksgiving".
I have no idea who's meal I purchased or if it was for more than one person (the total was $11.11 so I hope it was 2 people!). All I know is that the car was a tan color and they had a handicap tag hanging from the rear view mirror.
Now comes the irony of the story. I got back to the office and hadn't checked my order to see if it was correct. I sit down to eat and find that McDonald's had screwed up my order. First they didn't give my Honey Mustard for my fries and then I opened my sandwich to find that it was fried instead of grilled like I had ordered. Booo! My co-workers thought I should call McDonald's and complain or drive back over there but I didn't want to bother. I just hope that the person's meal I paid for was correct!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I have always wanted to do something like that. It sounds like good luck that the total was 11.11 but too funny that they messed up your order!

    Can't wait to see what you cross off your list next...

    ReplyDelete