Sunday, August 9, 2009

#13 CHECK!

This afternoon I officially checked #13, visit a Nebraska winery off the list. My friend Tara had the kick-off to her birthday celebration today at the Soaring Wings vineyard in Springfield, Nebraska http://www.soaringwingswine.com/. We started the afternoon by picking up some lunch and eating on the the large patio at Soaring Wings. The day was beautiful other than a few rain drops.

After finishing lunch, we headed inside to do a wine tasting. They had a few good ones and I purchased a bottle of Dragon's Red. I know, I look drunk in this picture but this is actually before I tasted any wine!

After that we headed back to the patio. This is when it really started to thunder, lightning, and pour rain. Just added to the ambiance and fun though.

I have to admit, it was pretty funny when Craig, Jen, and Sharon got stuck in the gazebo during the down pour. If they would have tried to run back to the patio, they would have gotten absolutely soaked!
This trip was a great way to get started on my list and I think I might have to go back to this vineyard again or maybe visit others around Nebraska and Iowa. Who knew the little treasures you could find right here in Nebraska!

1 comment:

  1. Soaring Wings is great! I've been there a few times. The wine tasting is SO cheap, and their wines are pretty good!

    ReplyDelete