Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I've been a lazy slug...

Ah, shoot. I am already behind. I knew that this was going to happen but today I realized how extremely behind I am. First I am behind on my bible reading. I picked a 365 day plan that I have actually started a couple of times in the past. Given I wanted to "do this right" I started once again at the beginning. From day 1 I was behind as I didn't actually start on my birthday but a week or so later. I have had a couple of days where I read multiple day's readings at a time, but sadly I have found that I am 23 days behind! Ahhh! How did this happen?! I am only just over a month past my birthday! Well, given I am on day 12, this is definitely believable.
The really sad part is last night, I spent from 9:30-11:30 reading the 2nd Harry Potter book. That's right, 2 hours of reading Harry Potter when I could have been catching up on doing my bible reading. I admit it, that is sad, and I do feel kind of bad about it. Given each day's bible reading takes about 10 minutes, I could have almost been caught up in the time I took to read Harry Potter. Maybe I should go whack myself in the head a couple of times as Dobby would...
I definitely need to get back on track and put down the Harry Potter books - at least until I get caught up. My plan of attack is to read at least 3 day's readings each day until I am caught up. That would take me a few weeks to get back on track. Ooohhh, don't know if I can go that long without Harry Potter! (Just kidding :) ... or am I)
The second thing I am off track on is my push up program. It all started the week grandpa died and I haven't gotten back on track since. This means I am 2 weeks behind as I didn't do any of it while I was in South Carolina (by the way, I didn't do any of my bible reading while in South Carolina either). When I came back from South Carolina, I actually tried to get back on track right away but when I got to my 5th set, I couldn't hit the minimum number of push ups you are suppost to do so I gave up. Well, I didn't give up for good, just for the day. Unfortunately, I have never picked back up. I am hoping my weaklingness (I may have just made up that word) was due to being so tired after the trip. I was seriously exhausted for most of the week and didn't really get back to feeling myself until around Friday. Saturday though, I went to the 9:15am Muscle Madness class at the gym and sucked royally when we did push ups. I was ok for the first few but my arms started to give way after a while and especially when we did the "around the world" push ups. Prior to "around the world", we did a bunch of regular push ups and then a bunch with one hand on your step and one on the floor (each side got a turn). For "around the world", you started on one side of the steps we were using and did a push up beside it, then you did a push up with one hand on the step and one on the floor, then both hands on the step, and then back down the other side with one hand on the floor and then both hands on the floor.... and then reverse..... 8 times. It didn't help that the teacher went super fast. My push ups are slow as it is so I didn't keep up at all. The teacher is really good and really kicks our butts, I just wish she taught on a day (at a later time) that I wasn't half asleep like I am on Saturday morning.
So tonight, along with doing my bible reading, I plan to get back on track with the push up plan. I will just start back where I left off on week 4 and hope I can hit the minimum for the 5th set. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe reward yourself with an hour of HP after an hour of Bible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds far too exhausting, I ache just reading about it. I'n sure God will understand about Harry Potter, I hear she's quite a fan...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe of anyone who can do pushups!

    just stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    Visiting from SITS. You were on roll call above me.

    When I get behind in my Bible Reading I don't try to catch up. I just check to see what the reading should have been for that day if I had been doing it all along and go from there. That way I eliminate the stress of trying to catch up and the guilt of not being able to.

    ReplyDelete