Monday, September 14, 2009

Random thoughts on my next goal

So I am trying to decide what to do next on my list. As my friend Tara pointed out a week or two ago, I have to complete 2.5 items a month to be finished with my list by my birthday. So far, I have completed 2. That's not to say I'm not working on anything else. I am reading the bible (trying to catch up to where I should be), doing push ups (um, sometimes), and of course, watching Harry Potter movies. Those all take more time and effort though and I am looking to do a couple of quickies.
Last week I went down to Husker Hounds on 84th and Center to get a shirt to wear to the game on Saturday and afterwards I stopped at McDonald's to grab some lunch. The place was absolutely overflowing with old ladies! Too bad the drive thru line was so incredibly long that I opted to walk in instead. That place would be awesome to buy the lunch for the car behind me due to the odds of having an old lady behind me. If you haven't read my commentary, I am hoping to buy lunch for a little old lady verses a family of 20. Economics here people...
I keep thinking I need to start teaching Mollie to shake too. I just keep forgetting.
One thing I have been looking at is the art project. I have an old Pottery Barn catalog with a picture of a cluster of framed art that I have always liked. Just today, I found an even better picture than what was in the catalog, online.
The part I think is really cool is where they use the riser for the smaller frames. Much more interesting than just being flat on the wall.
My mom took a bunch of close up pictures of her flowers in the back yard prior to moving out of the house and my friend Tara has some pictures too. I am thinking I want to do black and white or the black and white photos of flowers were one little piece of the picture is color. Not really sure yet. Placement is the other decision. In the picture from Pottery Barn, they put it above the bed. I don't think that would work since my bed is so tall. I am thinking I could do it on the wall the sectional sits on in the basement. Problem here is that the room is done in red and gold tones. I think the black and white would be ok, but if I bring out color in the photos, I feel like it would need to be golds, yellows, reds, etc. and I wouldn't be able to do pinks, purples, etc. I suppose I could change the color if photoshop, however I don't even know how to do the black and while with a little bit of color as it is. I really don't even know much about photoshop but I have a really old version that my dad gave me a long time ago.(Sorry for the crappy photos taken with my phone, this room really isn't this yellow looking.)
The other factor in placement is wall space. All of the rooms upstairs have high ceilings. Vaulted in the living room, dining room, kitchen, and then high ones in the bedrooms (9ft I think) so a larger display like this might be better upstairs. I have large blank walls between the windows in the living room and in the dining room.
(By the way, the chaise will soon go to the office since I FINALLY ordered a real sofa and chair last weekend. Going this weekend to by my curtains and coffee table and end tables at - none other than - Pottery Barn)
I definitely want to do square frames, but I suppose they don't have to be as large as the ones in the Pottery Barn display. I plan on shopping around to see if I can find some more cost effective frame as the Pottery Barn ones are pretty pricey. I can see spending money on certain items at Pottery Barn like furniture, most most of the decorator items I can find for less elsewhere.
So that is my rambling for the day. Any placement or design suggestions are welcome!

9 comments:

  1. I think they would look great between the two windows !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I put wooden framed mirrors on my wall, vertical, not too big, 3 in a row. It really opens up the space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Popping over from SITS roll call to visit.

    I love that photo arrangement over the bed - cool way to bring out those smaller frames too. I did a similar b&w arrangement of my grandson in the hallway that turned out great, but love the colorized versions of b&w that shows just a touch of color too. If you google it there are lots of tutorials out there I'm sure will help you even with an older version. Bet your dad could help too! I got my frames pretty reasonable at Walmart.

    Your house is really pretty - best of luck with the decorating projects! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I love your pottery barn inspiration photo. Just stopping by from SITS to say Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I am Awesome" Award!
    I gave you one...come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just found you from SITS and love the idea of your blog! I just turned 30 last Saturday.

    Love that frame idea from Pottery Barn. Can't wait to see how your living room turns out.
    Come check out my decluttering your life before you trun 30 (2nd post down). I think you might like it.

    Good luck with your list!

    http://ontherefrigeratordoor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cool frame holders!

    My friend Kristie (I go to church with her) has a great decorating blog: http://www.makingarrangementsblog.com/

    I get all sorts of ideas from her!

    I love your blog--I'm following now to see how your 30 before 30 turns out. I'm planning to do the same thing...turn 29 in March!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so cool - I'd go with black and white for the background ones and two color shots for the closer ones. Then I would hang it over the couch.

    Stopping by from SITS - good luck on your list (from someone who turned 30 this past july)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your list thing is such a great idea! Good luck completing it!

    Stopping in from SITS!

    ReplyDelete