Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Té Bella , you tease!

I received an email today from Bella Medspa advertising a Mother/Daughter special. Now, I don't frequent Bella, I am just on their mailing list because I went there once when I had been given a gift certificate. For me, it is a little awkward. I mean you have a perfect stranger in a dark room with you while soft music plays... For some reason that makes me feel more tense than anything. I had a facial and my eyebrows waxed. Kind of odd to have your face massaged and poked at too. Incidentally, massages are a bit weird for me. I have only had 3 ever and only paid for one. I had a gift certificate once, had one at my cousin's wedding, and went with my friend Becca when I visited her last time in North Carolina. I am getting more relaxed but it is still odd for me to get under a sheet half naked (yes, this girl keeps her underwear ON!) and have a stranger touch my body. And it's expensive!

Anyway, got the email from Bella and it said the following:

"Spend quality time with your daughter while giving her the gift of great skin!
  • Mini Facial-After thoroughly cleansing the skin, your skin care concerns will be addressed and skin care recommendations will be made.
  • Full Make-up Application-You will receive a full make-up application with Jane Iredale skin care minerals. Tips will be given on how you can enhance your unique beauty.
  • Fantasy Airbrush Tan-Learn the value of sunless tanning with our fabulous spray tan.
  • Paradise-following your time with us you will enjoy a $10 gift certificate to Paradise Bakery
  • Special discounts -by attending our event you will receive special pricing on our products and services.
$60 for two
(Regular price $190)"

"Hmmm", I thought, "I could check off my spa day!" Plus it didn't sound too bad. The description on their website of the mini-facial required less poking and I actually like make-overs. I'm ok with the spray tan if I can wear a swim suit. Plus a $10 gift certificate to Paradise! Lunch! I quickly emailed my mom and she was in so she called to make a reservation. ALL BOOKED UP! Sad. They said due to the popularity, they were going to do the special again in September (it was only for one day) and that they had a waiting list. My mom put us on the waiting list so we will just have to wait and see.

Darn! I was thinking the spa thing was going to cost me a couple hundred dollars and here I was going to get away with only paying $30! I guess the problem is, I don't know if this constitutes as a full spa day. I assume this would only take an hour or 2. Frankly, I don't want to waste my day away at a spa though. Maybe I am spa illiterate and a "spa day" isn't really an entire day. Who knows.

9 comments:

  1. your right, love the mommy blogs but cant relate to diaper changing and breast feeding! Good luck with your 30 adventures, thats really an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it from me, I've had whole spa days... 8 HOURS of buffing and puffing and polishing and rubbing... it's too much. A good 2 hours is the most you need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by from SITS to say HI! Enjoy your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never actually had a spa day! I bet it's a lot quieter than my house!

    I came by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in our community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also find all that spa stuff stressful, which is why I never go. I had a facial done twice and I was on edge for that, too!! I always like to know what to expect in advance I guess so I don't feel awkward. P.S. I think you meant to put waste your "day" not "dad" ;-)

    Welcome to SITS. We're glad you joined :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. To bad it was all booked, that would have been awesome. I can not believe they only did it for one day. Call and get put on the next list.

    I was reading your 30/30 list and I wanted to share with you that Mount Rushmore is pretty cool, I was there yesterday. (A lot of trinket shops that kids love, but the visit is worth it.)

    Jumped over to say, "Welcome to SITS" and to let you know I am giving away a $15 Amazon gift card, come on over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could use a spa day!

    I came by to welcome you to SITS! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An entire day of spa is too much! But the RIGHT facial or massage is perfect (for me :0) if you get creeped out, def. always request female therapist!

    Check out when you have a chance, plus we have a give away going on!
    www.conquerthemonkey.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea for a blog! Love some of the things on your list! Good luck doing them all before your birthday! I've never had a massage - it kind of freaks me out to be quite honest! Good luck getting the one next month. Stopping by from SITS to welcome you aboard.

    ReplyDelete