Saturday, August 29, 2009

Spiders and Snakes - Oh My!

Wow, what a crazy week! Last night though I was able to watch the second Harry Potter movie with my good friend Becca. "Becca?" you say? Yep I am in the lovely state of North Carolina right now. So prior to getting in to the meat of the post, a little background. I have actually been in South Carolina since Tuesday and was able to drive up to North Carolina last night to see Becca for the evening. My grandfather passed away suddenly on Sunday night so my family has been in South Carolina for the funeral and to spend time with my grandma. I have been sleeping on the floor since Tuesday due to the lack of beds at Grandma's so coming to Becca's to sleep in real bed has been quite a treat! Today I will drive back to South Carolina for one last family gathering and then I will head back to Omaha tomorrow morning. What a crazy and tiring week! (I keep forgetting what day it is!)
So that is why I am in North Carolina and was able to watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets with Becca. I must say, this Harry Potter was far better than the first one. Maybe it was the 2 margaritas at dinner and then 2 glasses of wine during the movie... but really it was good. First of all, there was no jello in this movie - which was good (see my post about the 1st Harry Potter movie). The movie did have two things I absolutely hate though. Snakes and spiders. GROSS! The scene where Harry and Ron are in the spiders den is absolutely disgusting. Kind of funny how Herbie made a cameo appearance though... Speaking of cameos, nice of Dobby to make an appearance after his role in Lord of the Rings. Man that guy is being type cast. Good thing he was a bit less creepy in this movie and not so obsessed with finding a ring...
I found it kind of odd that the entrance to the chamber was in the girls bathroom. Kind of wonder who came up with that one. Moaning Myrtle was pretty funny but kind of annoying. Must suck to have to live in a bathroom though. For a while, I thought Gilderoy Lockhart was going to be the bad guy in this one. Kind of cool how it ended up being Tom Riddle.
Of course in the end though, the help of Dumbledore saved the day. Well, his bird. I am finding it quite funny how Dumbledore seems to step in somehow and save the day in a round about way. My theory is that he is related to Harry in some way. Maybe his great grandfather or something.
Well, I have to get on the road so I have to cut this post short. Overall, I was very pleased with this Harry Potter movie and I am looking forward to the next one. Too bad I can't watch it with Becca :(

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Popping over to visit from SITS roll call.

    I'm sorry for your loss - losing family members is so hard. Sending prayers your way.

    I love the Harry Potter movies too - can't wait to see the last one on HBO.

    Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the SITS community!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by from SITS to say hi! Great blog! Sorry to hear about your g-pa. Happy Tuesday! Come by and check out my "5 DAYS OF GIVE-A-WAYS" AT http://truebeautyinsideandout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete