Monday, August 17, 2009

Harry Potter and the Cherry Jello Sorcerer's Stone

I got started on my goal to watch all of the Harry Potter movies this weekend by watching the first in the series, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Thanks to my friend Angie, I didn't even have to rent it! I must admit at this point, I have seen another of the Harry Potter movies. I watched the 5th one, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, a few weeks ago which spurred my interest in the series. Sadly though, I was a little disappointed in the 1st one compared to the 5th. I have been told they get darker though as the series goes on so I guess that means I like "dark" movies. Mmmm, maybe that explains my addiction to True Blood and Lost…

I just though this one drug on a little. It also seemed like Dumbledore could have prevented everything. Isn't it ironic that he decided to move the mirror and it ended up where the stone was? And how did the bad guy get down there without having to play chess? AND if both Harry and Snape thought something bad was going down, why didn't either of them go to Dumbledore? Wait, I think Harry might have tried but Snape didn't. That guy is kind of creepy by the way. I knew I had seen him in another movie before but I couldn't place it. Looked it up today and he was in Robin Hood: Price of Thieves. Pretty sure he played a bad guy in that movie. Haven't seen it in a while but I liked that movie. Or I just liked that Brian Adams' song "Everything I Do, I Do It for You". Quite possible I had the soundtrack because of that song… I digress, back to Harry Potter.

I was disappointed in the actual Sorcerer's Stone. I was expecting something magnificent and glowing but instead it looked like a chunk of cherry jello without the wiggle. Voldemort's face on the back of the other guy's head was pretty creepy. Thought it was a bit lame that the "love in Harry" made the bad guy crumble away. Maybe I judge because I saw Harry with a little more spunk in the 5th one. He just seemed so sheepish to me in this one. I did however, like Hermione. That girl has quite the sassy attitude!

Overall the movie was good though. It will be interesting to see how the characters develop in the next one. I was sad at the end when Harry had go back to his "muggle" family. He should just stay with Hagrid!

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh. Out loud. Movie 3 is my favorite out of all of them. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on that one.
    -Angie
    P.S. Snape is creepy, but he is SO my favorite. :D

    ReplyDelete